If you are the owner or administrator of a server, you can create any number of channels on that server.
The channel type we’ll be discussing today is an AFK channel.
You’ll see them on a lot of servers, particularly the busier ones. You may have pondered but never inquired what they’re for.
This guide will teach you how to make an afk voice channel in discord
What is the AFK channel on Discord?
AFK is an abbreviation for ‘Away from keyboard.’ As a result, an AFK channel is for members who are absent from their computer for an extended period of time.
A Discord AFK channel comes in handy when a member is online but not engaged in the community.
When a member is inactive for a specific amount of minutes, Discord adds them to AFK channels. This period is set by the server’s owner.
How does Discord AFK Channel work?
When you have an AFK channel, it could automatically transfer members after a certain amount of time. Don’t make that time too brief. Nobody likes to be taken away from their channel merely to make coffee or fetch food.
How does Discord know you’re AFK?
The technology behind the functionality has not been publicly disclosed, but we comprehend the AFK bot’s primary functions.
According to our knowledge, when you start an AFK channel, the Discord AFK bot will also join. It will monitor your server for user behavior and utilise internal timers to determine whether or not they are active.
If the countdown runs out and the bot detects no activity, it transfers the user to the AFK channel.
The AFK bot works properly for the majority of the part. It does occasionally shift individuals who are talking to the AFK channel. If this occurs, close Discord and reopen it to see if it stops. Because the bot isn’t catching up on your activities, it may believe you’re AFK. If the problem persists, contact the server’s owner or administrator and request an investigation.
If your community has an AFK channel, you will be automatically transferred to it if you are inactive. You can’t remain in an unfilled call for more than five minutes unless you’re in a DM discussion.
How to Set Up an AFK Channel in Discord on Windows PC?
It just takes a few minutes to set up an AFK channel on Discord, but the procedure might be difficult if you are new to the site.
If you can’t even figure out how to do it, just follow the instructions in the guide below.
Follow the Steps to Set Up an AFK Voice Channel in Discord:
Step 1: To begin, use the Discord application on your computer and connect to your server.
Step 2: To establish a new channel, hit the (+) sign to the right of the phrase “Voice channels.“
Step 3: To proceed, pick the channel type and convert it to voice channel on the following screen.
Step 4: To build the channel, enter “AFK” as the channel name and tap on the “Create” button
Step 5: Check to see if your server’s voice channel list includes the “AFK” channel.
Step 6: Then, at the top of the screen, click on “Server Name” and then “Server Configuration.“
Step 7: To proceed, scroll down somewhat in the “Overview” area and select the “AFK Channel” option.
Step 8: To access the drop down list, pick your AFK channel by clicking on the AFK Channel option.
Step 9: Then, in the next choice, pick the AFK time and tap on the “Save changes” button.
The voice channel you made will be marked as AFK. You can specify any time limit in the delay parameter. The AFK Timeout option simply specifies how long a Discord member must be inactive before being transferred to your server’s AFK channel.
After you’ve saved your modifications. Discord identifies inactive members in their voice channels and sends them to the AFK channel, where players are unable to talk or send text messages.
How to make an AFK channel in Discord mobile?
To create an AFK Discord channel on your mobile device, follow these steps:
- Choose a channel to serve as the AFK channel.
- If you wish to create a new AFK channel, go to the upper left menu and select ‘+‘ from the channel list.
- Assign the channel a name, choose ‘Voice Channel,’ and then save by tapping the check at the highest point.
- Then, on the very same server, hit the menu button once again and then the three dots next to the server’s name. Navigate to ‘Settings‘ then click on ‘Overview.’
- Choose the channel you want to deactivate under ‘Inactive Settings.’ Set the ‘Inactive Timeout’ and the amount of time users must be inactive. They will be moved to this channel by Discord.
- To save changes, click the floppy disc icon.
How To Convert An Existing Channel To AFK Channel?
As a server administrator, you may also change an old channel on your server into an AFK channel. That is, instead of creating a new channel for this, you may just choose an existing channel and convert it to an AFK channel.
You can convert an existing channel to AFK channel by following the instructions below:
- To begin, open the Discord app on your mobile device
- Navigate to your Server and right-click on the “Server Name” to access the context menu.
- Select “Server Settings” from the menu and look for the “AFK” channel choice in the “Overview” tab.
- To begin, choose an existing channel from the drop down menu and tap on the AFK channel selection.
- Now, choose your preferred AFK timeout and hit the “Save Changes” button to complete the procedure.
How to make an AFK voice channel in Discord?
To create an AFK voice channel in Discord, open the Discord app. Create a new voice channel and name it AFK. Now go to server settings and click on your server name. Now, click on AFK timeout in the overview tab. Select your preferred duration and click on save changes.
How to get out of the AFK channel on Discord?
To get out of the AFK channel on Discord, you just have to click on another channel. This will switch your channel right over, as long as you have the permit to connect to the new channel that you are trying to get it.
How do mute and deafen an AFK channel on Discord?
You may assign a channel to be the main “AFK” channel in the server settings, as well as specify an idle time for users to be automatically transferred to it. Everybody, including administrators, will be muted in this channel. You don’t even need to give the AFK channel any extra rights if you do this.
What is the Discord AFK bot?
The Discord AFK bot is a powerful function of Discord which helps you to control mentions and tell the members that you are AFK.
More From Us:
- How To Fix Discord Changing Avatar Too Fast?
- How To Tell If Someone Blocked You On Discord 2022
- How To Mute Discord On OBS? 5 Methods
- Top 20 Best Discord Themes [ Better Discord Themes] In 2022
- How To Take A Screenshot On Discord?
- Why Is Discord Giving Static Sound?
- How To Fix Discord Notification Sound Not Working
- How To Turn Off Auto Emoji On Discord?
- How To Enable Developer Mode On Discord PC & Mobile?
- 5 Easy Methods To Fix Discord Not Opening Links
- 10 Ways To Fix Rythm Bot Not Working Issue
- How To Find Your Discord ID, Channel ID, Server ID & Message ID On PC & Mobile
- How To Fix Discord Images Not Loading Error