Discord is one of the best platforms for gamers. Using the platform, one can communicate with other users via chat, voice, or video. However, just like any other social media app, it also gives you the option to appear online or offline on Discord. As well as it comes other status types too. So in case if you are wondering how to appear offline in Discord, then you are on the right place.
In this article, I will be explaining all the Discord status types. And answer questions like how to go invisible and appear offline in Discord and discuss other parts.
So let’s just quickly get into the topic:
Available Status Types On Discord – Invisible
There are 5 status types of Discord available out there. And all of these statuses are designed for a different purpose.
However, to help you understand better, let me just go ahead and explain them to you:
- Online Status: As the name suggests, the online status helps you to let others know that you are active on Discord. So other Discord users or server members can send you direct messages, or you guys can play games together.
- Idle Status: Idle status is designed to hide your online status when you are away from the keyboard for some time. Discord itself sets this status for you if they find your account to be inactive for a while you are logged into the app. Also, you can select this status by yourself when you are going away from your keyboard or the Discord app.
- Do Not Disturb: As you can see in the name itself, you can enable this option when you are busy. For instance, if you are talking to someone important and don’t want other users to message you, then you can enable the do not disturb option. This will help the others users to know that you don’t want to get disturbed at all.
- Invisible status: If you wish to use Discord without letting anyone know, then the invisible option is the perfect option for you. This will make your account look offline, but you will still be able to use and enjoy all the discord functionalities.
- Set a custom Status: You can also set a custom status if you want. Custom status would help other discord users to know why you are offline or why they should not message you.
To set this, you can go to the custom status option and set a tagline and then choose a time frame from the clear after option.
Like for how long you wish to keep the status. Such as “1 day ”, “4 hours”, “1 hour”, “30 minutes,” or you can set this status for an indefinite time by clicking on ”don’t clear.”
Also read about – Funny Discord tts messages & lines
How To Go Invisible And Appear Offline In Discord?
How to appear offline on the Discord desktop?
You can set your status as offline using both Discord desktop app or web. And for this, you will need to use the below steps:
- At first, launch the Discord app from your desktop or open the Discord website.
- Then log in to your account if you haven’t already.
- Now on the bottom left side, you will find your profile picture next to your username. Click on it to open the status menu.
- Finally, from here, select the Invisible option, and your account will appear offline on discord.
Also, by following the same steps, you can switch back to online or any other discord statuses.
Also Read: How To Get Someone’s IP From Discord In 2021
How to appear offline on the Discord Mobile app?
- At first, launch the Discord app from your Android or iOS device.
- Then login to the app if you haven’t done so already.
- Tap on the sidebar icon and go to your profile page from the bottom menu.
- From your profile page, click on set status.
- Finally, choose Invisible from the status menu to appear offline on discord.
How do you become invisible on discord?
A user can quickly become invisible on Discord by changing their status from online to invisible.
Can you tell if someone is hiding offline discord?
No, there is no way to tell if someone is genuine offline or pretending to be offline once the invisible mode is enabled.
Can I set invisible status for a specific person or a specific server?
No, there is no option to set the invisible status for a specific person or specific server as of now.
Can you Hide your gaming session in offline mode on discord?
Once you have enabled the invisible mode on Discord, your gaming sessions will get hidden on Discord by default. As a result, other users won’t get to know what games you are playing.
So that was a quick guide on how to appear offline in discord on both the desktop and mobile app. Now go ahead and try out the steps by yourself and see if they are really working for you or not. Also, for any other questions, do feel free to comment below.