Wondering how to change discord background theme? If your answer is yes then I am here to help you out.
In today’s time, there are many apps that lets you change the background. For instance, WhatsApp allows you to change the chat window background. But when it comes to discord there is no in-built option to change the background.
So the question is, how do you add a custom discord background? Well for this we will need to use a third party software called BetterDiscord. So let me just go ahead and answer to your how to change discord theme question.
What is BetterDiscord?
Better Discord is one of the Discord customization tools that can be used to add themes to Discord. BetterDiscord works as a Discord extension that lets you install plugins and themes to your Discord app.
However, the only drawback of it is that it only works with the Discord desktop app. Also, it goes against the terms and conditions of Discord. As it can cause security issues. So Discord doesn’t really recommend you using it.
Steps to Install BetterDiscord
If you want to enjoy custom themes on Discord, then you will need to download BandagedBD. BandagedBD is a fork of the original BetterDiscord, and it can be installed on your Windows or Mac system.
To download BandagedBD, you will need to visit Github download page and then download the preferred version depending on your PC.
- At first, go to Github and download BandagedBD.
- After downloading the setup, follow all the on-screen instructions and install it on your computer.
- Once the installation finishes, Discord will get automatically launched. If it doesn’t, then launch it manually.
How To Install Discord Themes with BetterDiscord
Once you are done installing BandagedBD, you will need to download discord themes. As bandagedBD doesn’t come with any themes at all.
To download discord themes, you can try this website: betterdiscord.app/themes. On this website, you will find lots of themes and plugins for BD servers. So go to the website and choose any of the themes that you wish to use on your Discord server.
After downloading the theme file, you can follow the below steps to change your discord theme.
- At first, open Discord from your computer.
- Then click on the Settings icon next to your profile icon.
- From the settings, go to Themes located under BANDAGED BD.
- Next, click on the Open Themes Folder option, and a new window will open up.
- Now in this theme folder, you have to copy and paste the theme you have downloaded.
- After that, go back to Discord > Settings > Themes. And over here, you will get to see the theme.
- Finally, you have to toggle on the theme that you want to use, and the theme will set in the background of your Discord app.
Change Discord Background Theme Without BetterDiscord
If you don’t wish to use BetterDiscord to change the theme on Discord, then you can only switch between dark and light themes on Discord.
Follow the Steps to change discord background without betterdiscord:
- At first, launch the Discord app from your computer.
- Then click on the Settings icon to access user settings.
- Now from the left pane, go to App Settings and select Appearance.
- Finally, over here, you will find the option to change between Dark and Light theme. Also, you can change the Message Display setting to Cozy or Compact.
How To Change Discord Background Theme on Mobile
If you wish to change discord background theme on iPhone or Android, then unfortunately, there is no option. However, you can switch between the Dark or light mode according to your preference.
Follow these steps to change discord background theme On Mobile Phone :
- Launch Discord from your Android or iPhone.
- Then tap on the hamburger icon from the top left.
- Next, tap on your profile icon from the bottom tab.
- Finally, go to Appearance and select between Light or Dark Mode.
Is BetterDiscord allowed?
BetterDiscord isn’t allowed on Discord as it goes against the terms of service of Discord. However, Discord hasn’t banned anyone from using it. So while BetterDiscord isn’t allowed by Discord, you can still use the tool at your own risk.
Why Better discord background image not showing?
If the Discord background image is not showing, then try switching to some other theme file. As there is a chance that the current theme file is corrupted.
How to make a message with black background discord?
To have a message with black background on Discord, you will need to write your message between two backticks. For instance, it will look like this
What palette does discord use for background?
Palette Discord colors palette has 5 HEX, RGB codes colors. These include colors like: HEX: #7289da RGB: (114, 137, 218), HEX: #ffffff RGB: (255, 255, 255), HEX: #99aab5 RGB: (153, 170, 181), HEX: #2c2f33 RGB: (44, 47, 51), HEX: #23272a RGB: (35, 39, 42).
Discord how to change server background?
To change a Discord server background, you can use BandagedBD to install a custom theme.
So that was the answer to your how to change discord background theme question. Now go ahead and follow these steps and see if they are working for you or not. Also, for any other questions do feel free to comment below and I will surely help you out.
- How To Change Discord Name Color, Roles Color On Mobile & PC
- How To Fix Discord Overlay Not Working On WOW
- 10 Easy Ways To Fix Better Discord Not Working In 2022
- How To Fix Discord Changing Avatar Too Fast?
- How To Make An Afk Channel In Discord 2022
- How To Tell If Someone Blocked You On Discord 2022
- How To Mute Discord On OBS? 5 Methods
- Top 20 Best Discord Themes [ Better Discord Themes] In 2022
- How To Take A Screenshot On Discord?
- Why Is Discord Giving Static Sound?
- How To Fix Discord Notification Sound Not Working
- How To Turn Off Auto Emoji On Discord?
- How To Enable Developer Mode On Discord PC & Mobile?
- 10 Ways To Fix Rythm Bot Not Working Issue
- 10 Ways To Fix Discord Not Opening Links & Wrong Browser Issue