Have you tried out the new feature on Discord yet? If not, try it out now.
It’s about changing the color of the name.
If you’ve been using Discord, you’ve undoubtedly seen the varied colors on the usernames of other members. It is one of the primary reasons Discord distinguishes apart from other media applications. The colors are varied, and the wonderful news is that you can change the color of your name in a Discord server as well!
Do you want to know how to change the color of your Discord name? Read on as we have the simplest step-by-step guide for you.
So, Let’s get started!
What is Discord?
Discord is among the most popular methods for gamers to connect online, with over a quarter-billion members. Discord allows people to connect immediately through voice, video, or text, as well as join servers where bigger groups may connect.
Discord’s focus is plainly on gaming; at one time, the service even handed gratis PC games to premium customers before recognising it couldn’t compete with Steam. Discord’s functionalities, on the other hand, may be used by any internet community.
Let’s start with how to change Discord name color and why we should use it.
Why Use Discord Role Colors?
Discord role colors are used to distinguish roles, making them simpler to recognize. You may choose from 18 different colors and custom color choices to design your own role color.
If you’re wondering how to get a rainbow role Discord bot, don’t try it with any trick.
How To Appear Offline In Discord
Discord Funny Text To Speech Messages
Conditions to Change The Discord Name Color
One thing to keep in mind concerning Discord name colors is that changing them requires administrator rights. This implies that altering the color of your Discord name is not available unless you have administrator capabilities. Aside from all the other benefits that administrator rights provide, the ability to alter the color of your name is definitely the most exciting.
To summarize, the very first step in changing your name color on Discord is to obtain Discord administrator access.
How To Change Name Color On Discord PC?
If you are using Discord, you’ve probably noticed some people with different color names. This is a really unique feature that would catch anyone’s eye. It’s no surprise that you’re drawn to it. Look no farther if you want a guide that will truly teach you how to change the color.
Follow the most basic steps given below to change nickname color Discord:
Step 1: Launch the Discord app and open your Discord dashboard.
Step 2: Search for the server in which you want to do the changes
For example, we have taken Spacedust in our Discord. Right click on it and tap on Server Settings. Now select Roles from the list.
Step 3: A new screen will show up roles and members assigned to these roles. But if you haven’t assigned the roles to any member, you can follow the next step.
Step 4: Click on Create Role. Type a name you want under the Role Name section.
Under that section, you will see a range of colours. Click on any of them to pick a colour for that role.
In the screenshot below, you can see how to set up name colors in Discord
Camper, Assaulter and Sniper: Yellow
PC Dog: Mauve
We hope that after this step you understood how to add name colors Discord.
Step 5: Now go back to the Server Settings menu, and click on Members.
Step 6: Now click on the + icon and select a role of the member.
Step 7: Now, you can see the different colours in different role names.
By following these steps you might have learnt how to change Discord name color by now.
Get Someone’s IP From Discord -Discord IP Resolver
How To Change Discord Background Without Betterdiscord
How To Change Username Color On Discord Mobile?
The method of changing the colour of your Discord name is fairly similar to that of Discord PC. You must follow the same processes.
So let’s check out how to change username color on discord mobile-
- Step 1: Go to your Discord Server, in which you want to where you want to change name color Discord.
- Step 2: Click on the Server Name or the three dots (…) to access the Server Settings
- Step 3: Select Settings from the list. Now, in the list of Server Settings, scroll down and click on Roles
- Step 3: In the Roles section, click on the + icon to add a new role. Type in a name in the Role Name section and select the colour you wish to give to it. Save by tapping on the BLUE sign located at the bottom right of the screen.
- Step 4: Once roles have been created, return to Server Settings and scroll down and tap on Members.
- Step 5: In the Members screen, you will be able to view all the members of that server. Click on the member and select the role that you want to assign to him or her. At last, click on the check box and the process is complete.
Q. What do name colors mean on Discord?
The colour of the role might vary depending on the member. For example, suppose two members have Role Assaulter, one member can have a red Role Assaulter, the other member can get a blue Role Assaulter. This makes their usernames look red and blue respectively. To make it feasible, an option in the colours menu may be added.
Does Discord Cost Money?
You can download the Discord app for free and use it without any charges. But if you want to try out the premium in app features of Discord, you will have to pay the charges respectively.
How To Connect Airpods To HP Laptop
Free Email Services Without Phone Verification
One point to keep in mind is that you will need administrator access to change the colour of your name or the colour of anybody else’s name. You must first set up a server and give roles to it. This is where this tutorial might come in handy. If you follow all of the procedures, the colour will change extremely dramatically. The process is a piece of cake after going through it a couple of times.
We hope that this article was helpful to you and you were able to learn how to change the color of your name in Discord.
- How To Fix Discord Overlay Not Working On WOW
- 10 Easy Ways To Fix Better Discord Not Working In 2022
- How To Fix Discord Changing Avatar Too Fast?
- How To Make An Afk Channel In Discord 2022
- How To Tell If Someone Blocked You On Discord 2022
- How To Mute Discord On OBS? 5 Methods
- Top 20 Best Discord Themes [ Better Discord Themes] In 2022
- How To Take A Screenshot On Discord?
- Why Is Discord Giving Static Sound?
- How To Fix Discord Notification Sound Not Working
- How To Turn Off Auto Emoji On Discord?
- How To Enable Developer Mode On Discord PC & Mobile?
- 10 Ways To Fix Rythm Bot Not Working Issue
- 10 Ways To Fix Discord Not Opening Links & Wrong Browser Issue