Without any doubt, Discord is a cool place to be. It allows us to hang out with friends, join different servers and connect with thousands of users. You can connect with different servers and meet people from different communities. However, some discord servers are only meant for adults, and you need to be at least 18+ to join them. And if you have entered an incorrect date of birth, then joining these servers may lead to an account ban. So the question is, how to change your age on Discord?
Well, changing your age on Discord is not as simple as it might seem. As there is no setting to change your birthday. But this doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to change your birthday.
Instead, there is a workaround, and in this article, I will be talking about it only. So here we go:
How To Change Your Age on Discord?
The only reason one might want to change their Discord age is that they want to access NSFW servers on Discord.
While the minimum age to have an account on Discord is 12. Users between 13 to 17 years are restricted from accessing NSFW content.
While Discord may not instantly ban your account from accessing such servers. But it might ban your account.
So in case, if you have entered the wrong date of birth while signing up on Discord, then you can change and update your age on Discord by reaching out to Discord support.
Also, before you submit an age update request, there are a few requirements that you need to meet. Such as:
- You will need to have a photo ID of yourself that clearly mentions your age or birth date, and year. For instance, you can use any of the government IDs or your password.
- You will also need to write down your Discord tag on paper. The discord tag can be found at the left bottom of your Discord screen, and it looks like user#2323. Also, make sure that the Discord tag is visible.
- Next, click a photo of yours holding your photo ID and discord tag. Or you can ask someone else to click a photo of yours. Do make sure that the photo is clear and your discord tag and date of birth are visible. Else, Discord will reject your request, and you have to submit the form again.
Once you have the photo ready, you have to follow the below steps to change your age on discord:
Step 1: Submit A Request On Discord
First, you have to go to the Discord support page. So do click on the following link:
Once you are on the support page, use the “What can we help you with? ” dropdown menu to select Trust & Safety.
Now enter your email address which is connected to your Discord account. Then move down and use the “How can we help? ” menu to select Appeals, age update, and other questions.
Step 2: Fill in your date of birth
Now click on the “Appeals, age update, or other questions ” dropdown menu. Over here, you will get to see a bunch of options. Such as “Appeal an action taken on my account or bot”, “Update my age information”, “I’m the parent or guardian of a user”, and “Ask a policy question”.
As we are trying to update our age, you have to select Update my age information.
Below that, you will find an option to enter your birthday. So do follow the MM/DD/YYYY format. Also, to place a tick on the Please confirm that you have attached the required materials option.
Move down, you will find a text field labeled as the subject line. Over here, you can simply enter something like Need help in changing my age.
Step 3: Attach a photo of yourself holding your ID
Below the subject text field, there is also the description box. In the description field, you will need to give Discord a reason why you want to change your date of birth.
For instance, you can type down a message like:
Hi, I have mistakenly added my date of birth as 10/05/2005. But my actual date of birth is 10/05/2000. Can you please help me change it. Thank you!
Under the description box, you will see the Attachments (optional) option. This is one of the important steps of the whole process.
As you will need to upload the photo, you have taken holding your photo Id and discord tag. So do upload the photo.
Along with that, you are also required to send the photo with the email address associated with your Discord account.
Finally, click on the Submit button to complete the whole process.
Now all you need to do is wait for a few days, and Discord will reply back to you with an update. If everything seems okay to Discord, they will update your birthday and give you an update about it. Or they may simply reject your request.
How to change discord age without verification?
The only way to change your age on Discord is to submit ID proof. As a result, there is no way to change discord age without verification.
However, you can always create a new account with an updated age, and you should be able to access all the content on Discord without any issues.
How old do you have to be to have discord?
According to Discord’s Terms of Service, a user should be at least 13 years old to use Discord. However, the age may vary from one region to another. In some regions, you may need to be at least 14 to 15 years old to use Discord.
What Happens If You Access NSFW Servers on Discord Being Underage?
If you are not an 18+ discord user and still access the Discord NSFW content or servers, then there is a high chance that Discord will ban your account.
However, Discord hardly gets to know about your activities. But if someone reports your account being underage, your account may get locked.
To unlock the account, you will be required to verify your age and raise an appeal by following the above steps.
So that was the answer to your how to change your age on discord question. The above steps will help you to update your age. Or you can always create a new account if you don’t to go through the verification process. Apart from these two options, there is no discord age verification bypass process.
Anyway, if there is anything else you would want to ask, then do feel free to comment below, and I will help you out.
More From Us:
- How To Make An Afk Channel In Discord 2021
- How To Tell If Someone Blocked You On Discord 2021
- How To Mute Discord On OBS? 5 Methods
- Top 20 Best Discord Themes [ Better Discord Themes] In 2021
- How To Take A Screenshot On Discord?
- Why Is Discord Giving Static Sound?
- How To Fix Discord Notification Sound Not Working
- How To Turn Off Auto Emoji On Discord?
- How To Enable Developer Mode On Discord PC & Mobile?
- 5 Easy Methods To Fix Discord Not Opening Links
- 10 Ways To Fix Rythm Bot Not Working Issue
- How To Find Your Discord ID, Channel ID, Server ID & Message ID On PC & Mobile
- How To Fix Discord Images Not Loading Error
- Tupperbox Discord Usage Guide And Commands List
- How To Recover Discord Account Without Email?