Is your Better Discord not working? We know it can really be frustrating. But don’t worry, this article can help.
Better Discord is an excellent Discord alternative. It includes all of the functionality available in Discord. The distinction is that Better Discord includes even more functionality than Discord. In a nutshell, Better Discord includes capabilities that are not offered in Discord.
Some of these advantages include the ability to totally modify the client to your liking and the ability to focus on certain channels. Better Discord also allows you to develop and add plugins, as well as download and to Change discord background themes.
To learn how to fix Better Discord not working, check out the 10 fixes given in this article:
Fix 1: Restart the Discord Client
To fix Better Discord not working, the first thing you must try is to restart the app.
To restart Discord:
- Open the Discord window and hit the Ctrl and R (Windows) or Command and R (Mac) keys, which will reload the application.
- The window will turn blank and grey, and it will resume in about a minute. If your initial attempt failed, try again a couple more times.
If that restart fails, we recommend quitting the Discord app altogether to enable a more thorough restart. The software will continue operating in the background if you just click the X icon in the top-right corner. As a result, here are two approaches we recommend.
- The simplest option for Windows is to right-click the Discord logo in the Windows tray and choose Quit Discord.
- For Mac, choose Discord from the Application Menu and select Quit, or hit the Command and Q keys simultaneously.
Second, you may terminate the Discord session using Task Manager.
- Right-click the Taskbar in Windows,
- Then click Task Manager.
- Thereafter, choose Discord from the menu of Processes and
- Select End task.
Try rebooting your PC or Mac after you’ve fully closed the app. Then, open Discord to test whether Better Discord is successfully loaded.
Fix 2: Log Out And Log In To Fix Betterdiscord Not Working – Windows & Mac
When Better Discord was not functioning, several users found that signing out of their Discord account solved the problem. We’re not sure how this solves the problem. Nonetheless, we feel it has something to do with your settings menu or info that is affecting.
Nevertheless, we recommend giving this Better Discord fix a try.
Step 1: To do so, access the User Settings menu by clicking the settings icon.
Step 2: Then, from the left sidebar, select Log Out, and then tap Log Out in the following box.
Step 3: Ultimately, you may either restart the app or login into your Discord profile.
Fix 3: Repair BandagedBD With BandagedBD Installer
You may also use the installer to resolve specific Better Discord difficulties. You may have noticed that there was another selection in the installation menu to Repair BandagedBD when you were downloading Better Discord. As a result, we recommend that you use this handy troubleshooter created by the brilliant brains of BandagedBD.
To go to this Repair BandagedBD action, follow these steps:
- Step 1: To begin, go here to download the BandagedBD installation from their Github website. Choose the appropriate download link based on your PC’s operating system.
- Step 2: After that, launch the BandagedBD installer you have downloaded and accept the terms and conditions.
- Step 3: Then, choose Repair BandagedBD.
- Step 4: Next, select the “Repair On Stable” option, and then, at the lower part, select any of the BandagedBD issues you’re experiencing.
- Step 5: Lastly, select the Repair option.
You may be requested to reinstall BandagedBD to finish the fixes. So, once the repairs have been performed, check to verify whether Better Discord is running properly.
Fix 4: Remove Custom Themes & Plugins From the Better Discord Folder
Because of interference from some plugins or themes, Better Discord may appear to be malfunctioning at times. As a result, we recommend beginning with a blank slate and deleting these add-ons to see if the problem is present.
You do not have to completely remove your valuable custom themes or plugins. However, you may temporarily store them someplace else while you investigate the source of the Better Discord not working issue.
To get to your Discord custom themes and plugins folder, follow these steps:
Step 1: To begin, access the User Settings menu by clicking the settings icon,.
Step 2: Select Plugins or Themes from the left window under Bandaged BD. Then, click either the “Open Plugin Folder” or the “Open Theme Folder” option.
Step 3: Remove any plugins or theme files in the specific folder, or temporarily relocate them somewhere.
You may also access this Better Discord folder from your File Explorer. This is most likely the folder’s file path:
Fix 5: Temporarily Remove the “bdstorage.json” File
This is yet another file from the preceding phase that you may locate in the BetterDiscord folder. Some people have observed that deleting this file appears to magically address Better Discord difficulties.
However, you don’t have to remove this file totally; simply relocate it somewhere else for the time being.
To access this “bdstorage.json” file, browse to the following file location in your File Explorer:
Now that you’ve deleted the file, open or reboot Discord.
Is that what you were looking for? If not, just return the “bdstorage.json” file to the BetterDiscord folder.
Fix 6: Change The System Language To Fix Better Discord on Mac & Windows
This step has come in handy, particularly when your Better Discord themes aren’t working or the background picture isn’t turning up. By altering the language, we assume you are recalibrating the client’s design settings. As a result, after changing the language, you may notice that the app becomes blank for a fraction of a second.
To that end, here’s how to change the language on the Discord client:
Step 1: To begin, access the User Settings menu by clicking the settings icon.
Step 2: Pick Language from the left sidebar’s App Settings.
Step 3: Then, from the menu, select a different language. Following that, you may restart the Discord application.
Fix 7: Reinstall Better Discord
So, if Better Discord isn’t functioning for you, try reinstalling it. The second or third time is always the charm. This step is unquestionably beneficial, most likely because the first setup of Better Discord was erroneous. Aside from that, a Discord upgrade may be conflicting with Better Discord.
As a result, the simplest way to remove Better Discord is:
- Step 1: To begin, launch the Better Discord installer that you downloaded previously. You may also redownload it from their Github website by clicking here.
- Step 2: Select the download link that corresponds to your operating system.
- Step 3: Then, from the list of options, choose Uninstall BandagedBD.
- Step 4: Next, check the Remove from Stable box, and then check both boxes underneath Additional Options.
- Step 5: Lastly, select the Uninstall option.
Fix 8: Reinstall The Discord App
The instructions for reinstalling Discord on Windows are as follows:
Step 1: To begin, open the Run prompt by hitting the Windows and R keys simultaneously, then enter appwiz.cpl and hit OK. Then, from the list of apps, locate Discord, right-click it, and choose Uninstall.
Step 2: Following that, you must delete all traces of the former Discord software from your PC. Go to the Discord AppData and Roaming folder to accomplish this. So, hold down the Windows and R keys at the same time, type percent appdata percent at the Run window, and then remove the Discord file from the list.
Step 3: After that, open the Run prompt once more (Windows + R) and enter percent localappdata percent, and then remove the Discord file from the menu. This step involves deleting the Discord app data from the Local folder.
Fix 9: Report Your Problem To The Support Channel
Fortunately, you may express your concern in the Better Discord server’s Support channel. There is a pleasant and helpful group there that can provide you with vital information. You can even get the notice of the all-powerful programmers so that they may include the necessary problem fixes in the next version.
Fix 10: Turn Off and Turn On Wifi
To fix Better Discord not working, you can disable your Wifi for sometime and turn it On again.
Step 1: To do this, click on the Wifi icon from the Start Menu bar
Step 2: Then, click on Disconnect
Hopefully by following the methods given above you were able to fix better Discord stopped working. If you face any problem with any step, you can take help from the screenshots provided.
If you need some extra assistance regarding the better Discord not loading issue, feel free to write to us or leave a comment below.
More From Us:
- How To Fix Discord Changing Avatar Too Fast?
- How To Make An Afk Channel In Discord 2022
- How To Tell If Someone Blocked You On Discord 2022
- How To Mute Discord On OBS? 5 Methods
- Top 20 Best Discord Themes [ Better Discord Themes] In 2022
- How To Take A Screenshot On Discord?
- Why Is Discord Giving Static Sound?
- How To Fix Discord Notification Sound Not Working
- How To Turn Off Auto Emoji On Discord?
- How To Enable Developer Mode On Discord PC & Mobile?
- 5 Easy Methods To Fix Discord Not Opening Links
- 10 Ways To Fix Rythm Bot Not Working Issue
- How To Find Your Discord ID, Channel ID, Server ID & Message ID On PC & Mobile
- How To Fix Discord Images Not Loading Error