Screenshots may be a portion of the screen or the full screen, and some extra tools can assist the user in improving the quality and output of the snapshot. Screenshots in Discord are quite common these days since they help to record visuals that may be used as references later on.
Users find it easier to explain certain things to the other users with the help of screenshots.
Now, let’s learn how to take a screenshot on Discord with Windows, Mac and Third-Party Tools.
Does Discord notify when you screenshot?
No, Discord does not have a notification feature like that. The simplest method for taking a screenshot is to use PrtScn in Windows or Shift + Command + 4 and pick the area on a Mac.
How to take a screenshot on Discord in Windows?
Method 1: Using PrtScn Key on Your Keyboard
The Print Screen key is the first and most basic way to take a screenshot in Discord.
Hold the image/screen you want to capture open, and then hit the PrtScn key. This key is located in the upper right area of the keyboard.
Users may use this tool to copy the full screen and then paste it into applications like MS Paint or MS Word to make modifications after copying the copied material. These tools include a number of options to improve the quality of the picture. To paste text on these tools, users can utilise Windows shortcuts such as Ctrl V.
To take a screenshot of your Discord, follow the step by step instructions below:
- Step 1: Be on the Discord page of which you want to take a screenshot.
- Step 2: Press PrtScr key on your keyboard
- Step 3: Open Paint
- Step 4: Press Ctrl + V to paste the screenshot in Paint
- Step 5: Go to File and click on Save as
- Step 6: Your screenshot is saved in the Pictures folder.
Method 2: Using the Snipping Tool
You can use the Snipping Tool in your Windows PC to take a screenshot of your Discord page. Let’s take a look at the steps of how to do it:
- Step 1: Go to search box and type in Snipping Tool
- Step 2: Click on New
- Step 3: You will see a rectangular box. You can drag and select the Discord screen with the help of it.
- Step 4: After taking the screenshot, users may quickly store the file to any particular spot. With the exception of Rectangular and Free from snip, there are two more possibilities in this drop-down menu. There are two options: Window Snip and Full-Screen Snip. The window snip function allows the user to choose a window on the screen. As illustrated in the screenshot above, it may be a dialogue box.
How to take a screenshot on Discord In Mac?
Follow these shortcuts to take a screenshot in your Discord Mac:
- To capture a screenshot, hold down the Shift, Command, and 3 keys at the same time.
- Click the thumbnail in the corner of your screen to modify the screenshot. Alternatively, you may wait for the snapshot to be saved to your computer.
- Hold down the Shift, Command, and 4 keys at the same time.
- Set the region of the screen to capture by dragging the crosshair. To adjust the selection, hold down the Space bar while moving. Hit the Esc (Escape) key to cancel capturing the screenshot.
You’ll see a command bar with several choices. You may capture a screenshot of the entire screen, a single window, or a specific choice; you can even record a video of all or portions of your screen. There is a “Options” button that allows you to specify where you want to store your screenshot, as well as set a slight delay. When you’re finished, click the “Capture” button at the far right hand side of the control bar.
How to take a screenshot on Discord using a Third party Tool?
If you don’t want to use the Windows methods, you can always go for the third party tools.. While these technologies unquestionably bring a multitude of benefits and convenience, they also have significant limits. Some users choose to utilise third-party tools and applications to circumvent these constraints.
Here is a list of the top third party tools to take a screenshot in your computer:
- Nimbus Screenshot
- Light Shot
What is the default folder for Discord screenshots?
When you take a screenshot, the image is saved in the Pictures default folder. To access the Pictures folder, you will have to C > Users > Username > Pictures > Screenshots.
How to send a screenshot on Discord?
To send a screenshot on Discord, you can follow the photo sending process. Click on the + icon located on the text bar. Then choose the screenshot file from the Pictures folder and send it.
How to send Minecraft screenshots on Discord?
First, you will have to take screenshots of Minecraft by using the PrtScr method or the Snipping Tool. Then, you can post the screenshot in Discord by inserting it from the Pictures folder.
How to share Steam screenshots on Discord?
First, you will have to take screenshots of Steam by using the PrtScr method or the Snipping Tool. Then, you can post the screenshot in Discord by inserting it from the Pictures folder.
We hope that this guide helps you with the Discord screenshot process on your Windows and Mac. You can take help of the screenshots provided in this article if you get lost. For more troubleshooting methods, stay tuned.