Chromecast is the most useful device for all the people who have a great interest in watching different media content. Many devices have emerged into the market and made the manual tasks very simple. To watch your favorite on your laptop or computer, you need to have a media player installed. There are numerous media players available in the market.
Among them, VLC Media Player is the best pick. VLC is free to install and use on your device. This media player is compatible with different media files and DVDs. Are you aware of the process to stream from VLC to Chromecast? If not, we are here to help you in the best way.
We have copious media players that are compatible with Chromecast. Sadly, the VLC media player is not compatible with the Chromecast device. It is not truly possible to stream videos from VLC to Chromecast.
Well, there is a procedure to do so through your Television. VLC Media Player is the best media player to watch various movies, videos, music, and many more. VLC Media Player is compatible with different file formats. As the Chromecast device is pretty small and robust, it works best with different apps.
Check this complete guide about streaming media content to Chromecast via VLC Media Player.
How to Stream VLC to Chromecast using Android Device?
Check out the easy steps to stream or cast your preferred videos to the Chromecast device from VLC Media Player.
- First of all, download and install VLC Media Player on your device.
- Ensure that the Chromecast device is plugged in and turned on.
- Launch the VLC Media Player on your device. Open the VLC media window and navigate to the Video tab.
- From the drop-down menu, you need to select the option that says Renderer >> Scan.
- The device starts scanning for the compatible devices that are near to Chromecast.
- After completing the scanning, you need to click on Video >> Renderer >> Chromecast.
- This procedure will connect the VLC Media Player to your Chromecast device.
- You can then navigate to your desired video file location and tap on the ‘Play’ option.
- Immediately, a pop-up window displays on the screen that reads ‘Insecure site’.
- To view the security certificate of Chromecast, you need to hit the option that says ‘View Certificate’.
- For approval, you need to hit the ‘Accept Permanently’ option.
- Upon accepting the certificate, the video will start playing on your device with the help of Chromecast and VLC Media Player.
- You can then start using some of the built-in functions to start, stop, pause, fast forward, control volume, and have many options on the VLC Media Player.
That’s it! This is the simple yet detailed procedure that helps the movie adorers to stream their preferred content from VLC Media Player to Chromecast.
- 10 Best Hidden Spy Apps For Android And iPhone
- How To Flip Mirror & Rotate Image Text In Google Docs
- Top 5 Best Free Cricket Games For Android In 2020
Hope this guide assists you in the best way to cast your favorite films online. Enjoy unlimited streaming using VLC!!