Are you looking for guide on how to strikethrough text in google docs and sheets?
Then, you have landed on the right place because here in this article we have covered everything about how to cross out text in google sheets and docs.
strikethrough is a formatting style like bold and italics where
you see a text with a line in the middle like this.
in this tutorial we are sharing a step by step guide with keyboard shortcuts to strikethrough text in google docs.
Let’s get started!
How to Cross Out or Strikethrough Text in Google Docs & Sheets On PC
There are 2 methods to cross out or strike through text in google docs and sheets on PC:
- Using a keyboard shortcut
- Using the option in the menu
Let’s have a look at each of these.
How to Cross Out Text in Google Docs And Sheets Using Keyboard Shortcuts
Below we are going to share the keyboard shortcuts to strikethrough or cross out text and cells in google docs and google sheets. The shortcuts are different for mac and windows and we shared for both.
Alt + Shift + 5
- First select and highlight the text or cells you want to cross out
- Then on your keyboard Press the keys Alt + Shift + 5 simultaneously.
- Then the selected content or text will cross out automatically.
Similarly On Mac,
⌘ + Shift + X
- Select and highlight the cells or text and Press the keys ⌘ + Shift + X and text will cross out automatically.
Strikethrough Text in Google Docs And Sheets Using Menu Option
On Google Docs,
- Step 1: First, open the Google Doc from the google drive.
- Step 2: Now, select and open the document that contains the text you want to strikethrough.
- Step 3: Next using the mouse select and Highlight the words you want to cross out..
- Step 4: Then Click on the Format option in the menu toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Step 5: From the drop-down menu, select “Text.”
- Step 6: Next from the options click on the Strikethrough option
- Step 7: that’s it the selected content or text will cross out automatically.
Similarly On Google Sheets,
- First, open the desired document in the Google sheets
- Then highlight the cells you want to strikethrough
- Now, select format from the menu
- Next from the options click on the Strikethrough option
- That’s it the selected content or text will cross out automatically.
How to Strikethrough Text in Android Google Docs App
- First of all,Open the Google Docs App on your phone.
- Now, open the desired document you want to edit.
- Then , Select the words or phrases you want to strike through.
- Now, tap the Format icon that looks like A
- then, from the text tab click on the strikethrough icon.
- Now click the tick in the left upper corner.
- And thats all ,The word will become strikethough!
How To Remove Strikethrough in Google Docs
If you want to remove strikethrough, then just follow the all above mentioned steps in the backward direction to remove the strikethrough from the text and cells in the google docs and google sheets.