Discord was created as a platform for integrating chat and voice through several servers and channels, allowing us to invite guests to engage with each round we play.
Now, Discord provides many features in the chat area by default, such as emojis, which are an animated means of conveying an emotion, circumstance, or action.
Let’s move on to the step by step guide to turn off auto emoji on Discord PC and Mobile.
How to disable auto emoji on Discord PC?
Follow the step by step instructions along with the screenshots to easily disable auto emoji in Discord on your computer:
Step 1: To deactivate emojis correctly on the Discord platform, we must first visit it, then click on the tab “User settings” at the bottom of the interface.
Step 2: Then we must proceed to the “Text and images” section, where we will see the following interface.
Step 3: We go over to the “EMOJIS” category and disable the following toggles:
- “Play animated emojis”
- “Show emoji reactions in messages”
- “Automatically convert the emoticons in your messages into emojis”
Step 4: So if you are wondering what these options do, check out the following points:
- Enable all emojis used as responses in a Discord chat.
- Enable Discord to display animated emojis.
- Enable Discord to convert our emoticons into emojis for us to share with each other.
And, this is that simple. Now that you have learnt how to disable auto emojis on a PC, let’s move on to the next section which will show you how to disable auto emojis on your smartphone.
How to disable auto emoji on Discord Mobile?
Emojis cannot be turned off on the Discord mobile app. You do, however, have two choices for turning them off for your smartphone.
If you have a computer with you, install Discord in it. You will have to sign in with your account and deactivate the auto emoji settings there. For that you can simply follow the steps given in the section above. This activity will sync the settings changes from your PC to your smart phone and disable the auto emoji there for you.
But if you don’t have a computer with you, you can simply open any browser on your phone and visit discord.com and disable the auto emoji settings there.
So how to do that?
Follow the step by step instructions to disable auto emoji on Discord Mobile:
- Step 1: Open any browser on your smartphone and go to this site discord.com.
- Step 2: You will have to request the desktop version of the Discord site.
- Step 3: Now, on the new screen, you will have to sign in to your account
- Step 4: Click on Skip if any warning message is displayed.
- Step 5: Now, you will have to follow the same steps as the PC. Go to Settings, click on Text and Images, then turn off “Automatically convert emoticons in your messages to emoji”
Can I disable auto emojis for one off messages?
To disable autom emojis for one off messages, you have to use a backlash “\”. For example, you can use “\:)” instead of “:)”. After doing this, you will notice that an emoticon is displayed instead of the significant emoji.
Hopefully, we were able to help you out in disabling the annoying auto emoji chat option in your Discord app. If you get lost in any step, you can check the screenshots provided in the article. Keep in mind to have a stable internet connection to avoid error messages.
- 24 Best Funny Discord TTS Messages & Lines
- How to Go Invisible & Appear Offline In Discord
- How To Get Someone’s IP From Discord
- How To Change Discord Background Theme
- How To Change Discord Name Color & Roles Color [Easy Guide]